Application is at the bottom of this page
Our Goal at Specialty Bookkeepers is to partner with passionate business owners by specializing in the books, so that they can focus on what they do best, growing their business. We are looking to hire a Bookkeeping Specialist Team Member for a long-term remote position, working 15-20 hours per week to start, growing to 25-30.
Responsibilities – Assist a growing portfolio of clients in managing their accounting needs including (but not limited to):
- Data input of day-to-day accounting operations
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable support
- Payroll Reconciliation
- Revenue recognition and Point of Sale data extraction
- Speaking with clients and answering client accounting procedural questions
- Calculating and Entering Month End Accruals and Adjusting Entries
- Updating the documentation of processes and procedures, as well as quarterly process reviews
- Communicating with clients timely and professionally
- Other Duties as assigned
- High degree of customer service, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to problem solve. Learning new programs & problem solving issues is imperative.
- Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a dedicated secure internet connection.
- Strong customer service skills – ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly, and reassuring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be located in the United States or Canada.
- Travel to Quarterly Team In-Person work days. These typically occur in Salt Lake City, but location is subject to change. (Due to the pandemic, these team meet ups are currently cancelled).
Experience with the following is preferred (but not required):
- QuickBooks Online
- Microsoft Excel
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Possesses ninja customer service skills
- Is empathetic and loves to help others
- Has a quiet workspace for meetings and conversations
- Knows how to prioritize, stay organized, and can problem solve
- Is Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- Preference to applicants with bookkeeping and/or remote work experience
What we value:
- Accuracy and Speed – We strive to give our clients timely responses to their questions and accurate information to allow them to grow their business.
- Continuous Improvement – Processes, Productivity, and Personal Development. We encourage and expect a never-ending quest to continually make ourselves and our operations better. Applicant must be able to accept constructive criticism as processes are always evolving and can be improved.
- Fun – If we aren’t enjoying what we are doing, then why do it?
- Attention To Detail – We want someone who prides themselves on making sure our services remain top notch. We value Attention to Detail so much, we have a secret for you. We will only be giving interviews to applicants who answer this question in the “Additional Comments” section: “What Superpower do you bring to teams that you are on?”. Be sure to use the word “Superpower” so we know you read the full job description and that you value detail. That’s our way of weeding out all the people that blanket send their resume to hundreds of jobs from the people who really want THIS job (That’s you!).
- Honesty & Integrity – Our clients give us visibility into their financial situation, which feels very private to them. Trust between our team and our clients is paramount.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn new things – We are a fast-growing company with a variety of ever-evolving needs.
Who we are:
- A small but growing team who truly wants to help good folks grow and operate their own successful businesses.
- We work hard but we like to laugh.
- Knowledge of cheesy 80s music along with the ability to recite quotes from The Princess Bride and “Scrubs” is a definite plus!
- Not boring! If you’re stodgy and humorless, in the words of Pearl Jam… We’re “Not For You.”
The Perks, Performance, and the Pay:
- This position starts at an initial 3 month probationary period at $18/hr. After the 3 month review, the pay increases assuming all milestones are met.
- This position will start with 15 hrs/week, but will grow to 25-30 hrs/week after probationary period.
- This position provides a flexible schedule. You will be expected to work primarily between 8AM-5PM MST, but are encouraged to fit in errands, kid pickups, doctor appointments, or anything else around your work schedule.
- Holiday Pay
- Attractive Bonus Program
- Computer and IT Services provided and managed by Specialty BK